We're fortunate to have a team of deeply experienced, innovative leaders and instructors. Our experience spans almost three decades, across a broad range of operational backgrounds. Members of our team:
- Protected US Presidents (and various dignitaries and executives);
- Fought in the Battle of Fallujah;
- Hunted and apprehended thousands of high-risk fugitives in the US and abroad;
- Rescued Americans in various bad situations around the globe;
- Trained and led foreign-nationals in Africa, the Mid-East, and the Americas;
- Conducted hundreds of high-risk vessel boardings;
- Served as the end user representative to the product design team of a major US night vision producer;
- Investigated major crimes at the local, Federal, and trans-national levels;
- Oversaw all training for a major federal LE agency;
- Ran a skunk-works that provided cutting-edge answers to the US government.
Experience is important, but it's only one aspect of delivering world-class solutions to our clients. Other things you can expect from our team include:
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
We're not perfect (and we've honestly gone through some periods of painful growing pains), but we work hard to make sure that our customers are taken care of. Even when it costs us. As a result, we've had thousands of happy customers over more than a decade in the industry. A remarkably high percentage of those customer have become 'clients'- people who we work with regularly.
Experience or expertise in our line of work frequently turns into arrogance. Arrogance is a weakness, and it's one that we don't tolerate for long among our instructors or staff. There is no greater compliment to us than to see the word 'humble' on course evaluations... and we see it a lot, because we are really, really, really great (just kidding).
We sell guns, but we're not a gun shop. We're not going to stand behind the counter and look down our noses at you when you walk in. We're not going to respond to questions with condescending answers (has anyone else had that experience in gun shops?!?). We actually want you to stop in to our ProShop, and we welcome questions or people who are 'just looking'.