In this 4 hour course, we begin to work from an open holster in order to develop proper bio-mechanics for drawing and presenting the weapon quickly and efficiently. We also tighten up fundamentals for faster, accurate follow-up shots. Students will feel more comfortable with a handgun after this course and will be prepared for the intermediate level training in the next portion of our pistol progression.
- Firearms safety (general, home, and range)
- Time management model for performance enhancement (skill sets vs. fundamentals)
- Review of stance and grip for advanced recoil management
- Advanced trigger management/ trigger reset for faster, more efficient follow-up shots
- Emergency reloads
- Basic gun handling and operation
- Introduction to the open carry (non-concealed) draw stroke
- What to do after a deadly force engagement
What To Bring
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:
- Quality, serviceable semiautomatic handgun with at least 2 magazines
- Open carry holster and magazine pouch or some other way to carry a spare magazine on your person
- Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
- Notepad and pen
- Approximately 150 rounds of Ammunition*
*For your safety, it is preferred that all students fire our TCJ ammo because it reduces lead by over 90% at the firing line. Our training ammo is sold at the lowest price possible in our onsite Pro Shop (i.e. a 50ct box of .40 Cal is currently $16.00). Please contact us prior to your class to verify we have your preferred caliber in stock. You may bring your own ammo, but our staff will need to inspect it before it is allowed on the range. No mixed-metal projectiles or steel core/AP rounds are allowed.
Intro to Pistol or equivalent FORMAL training
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.
“One of the best classes I have taken. Great instruction from instructor.” - March 8, 2014
“Great class overall – learning fundamentals and specific techniques on why you shoot the way you do was helpful. Very good attention to each student, and good feedback provided. Great foundation from the beginning which helps down the road.” - March 8, 2014
"Instructor did a great job helping correct errors in shooting/reloading habits.” - September 10, 2014
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.