The CompM5™ is a high performance red dot sight that was developed at the request of a US government agency. It's a hybrid design that combines features the Micro T-2 and the CompM4 (M68).
The CompM5 allows for unlimited eye relief and is compatible with Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers as well as all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD).
The battery life for the CompM5 is over 5 years of continuous use while at the position 7, more than 1 year of use at position 8, and more than 10 years at NVD settings (positions 1 to 4).
The line of Micro sights from Aimpoint is ‘the answer’ when it comes to optics. We like and recommend them for most applications for several reasons:
First, they are extremely rugged and absolutely reliable (like all Aimpoint sights). We routinely throw them around and drop them during classes to demonstrate their ruggedness. They get dinged and scratched, but they always keep working.
Next, the small tube size provides a very clean, unobstructed field of view. This improves situational awareness and speeds up target acquisition.
Finally, the short tube length buys extra space on the receiver rail, which allows for mounting of a back up iron sight AND a 3XMAG, PVS-14, or other device behind the sight.
The CompM5 is suitable for use on rifles, carbines, shotguns, sub-machine guns, and handguns, either as a stand-alone sight or “piggybacked” on top of larger magnifying scopes, night vision, or thermal imaging optics. Note that, for AR-15 type rifles, a separate mount needs to be purchased.
There are multiple mount options for the CompM5. We offer three configurations:
- Aimpoint complete, with LRP mount and a 39 mm spacer
- the Daniel Defense Absolute Co-Witness Mount with Spacer, which we HIGHLY recommend for use with AR-15 type rifles;
- the Aimpoint Standard Mount, which is best suited for shotguns and bolt action rifles – anything with a lower sight height over bore; or
- No Mount, which allows you to choose and install other mount options.
The Daniel Defense Micro Mount gives users the option of either an absolute co-witness OR a lower 1/3rd co-witness. Having both options means that you can try both without having to buy two separate mounts. Its lightweight design offers a snag-free, low-profile, reversible mounting option for shooters that do not require or desire a quick attach/detach mount. The mount features a recoil lug which interfaces with the bottom of the optic and prevents the energy from recoil and counter recoil from transferring to and damaging the factory mounting screws. The mount features Daniel Defense's Rock & Lock clamp and secures to any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail with two slotted machine screws. These fasteners thread into stainless steel self-locking threaded inserts that resist vibration and loosening. In order to achieve a lower 1/3rd co-witness, include the spacer with the mount when installing the optic. For an absolute co-witness, simply install optic without the spacer.
The CompM5 is optimized for use with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is especially suited for 3rd generation night vision technology. Aimpoint’s unique band-pass coating on the reflective lens reflects select frequencies of red light at near 100% efficiency in order to give the highest possible dot brightness. It also transmits nearly 100% of light in the infrared and near-infrared part of the spectrum to provide the clearest, brightest image possible when used with a 3rd generation NVD. With 4 NVD-compatible brightness settings and 8 daylight settings (including one extra-bright setting), the CompM5 is ready for use anytime, anywhere, under any conditions.
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- Low, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with all generations of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Operable to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight 235 g (8.3 oz) standard configuration, sight only 165 g (5.8 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
- Tested and complied for a range of MIL-STD 810G requirements