The Eidolon is the culmination of over three years of design and development. It is designed to be the most refined and functional inside-the-waistband holster on the market. At the core of the Eidolon is the holster shell. The shell is precisely fitted to the weapon on the inside and is smooth on the outside to work in conjunction with the body, belt, and clothing -in nearly any carry position- to maximize comfort and concealment. At the same time, the shell provides attachment points for a host of accessories to allow the user to tailor the holster for their specific carry needs.
The holster shells feature an innovative, adjustable retention feature that isolates the tension solely on the front of the trigger guard. This provides for an extremely clean “feel” when drawing and holstering - unlike other companies’ adjustable retention holsters which simply compress the holster body along the entire trigger guard and/or frame, resulting in a mushy feel as the pistol drags against the inside of the holster.
All Eidolon holster shells are fully compatible with most extended controls, factory and after-market sights of any height (including suppressor sights), any type of RDS mounted behind the ejection port, and most extended/threaded barrels.
Raven's “Basic” Inside-the-Waistband Eidolon kit is anything but basic. This system is excellent for IWB carry between 3 and 5 o’clock for a right handed shooter. The Basic IWB kit is a tuckable, compact IWB system that can be used with one or both belt attachments and give you scores of cant and ride height adjustments. The Basic IWB Kit includes:
- One holster ambi shell of your specification
- One pair of 1.5" Overhook belt attachments
- One Tall Spacer for mounting the belt attachment below the trigger guard
- All needed hardware and full instruction manual
- The Glock 26/19/Universal model has a pass-through open bottom design and will fit any 3rd or 4th Gen. Glock 9mm/.40cal double stack pistol. The holster shell itself is equal in length to a Glock 19 pistol.
- The Glock 17 model has a closed bottom design equal in length to a Glock 17 pistol, but will fit any Glock 26/27/19/23/17/22 3rd or 4th Gen.
BODY SHIELD OPTIONS The Ambidextrous Short body shield option can be configured for right or left hand shooters. The body shields are cut to clear the hand completely but yet still help prevent clothing from entering the mouth of the holster and provide a visual and tactile guide for re-holstering the weapon. The Ambidextrous Long body shield option can be configured for right or left hand shooters. The body shields extend to the rear of the slide to help protect the user from the weapon and the metal of the slide from the user. The long shield is cut and profiled to minimize interference with a full firing grip. Though unconventional, we’ve found the dual tall body shields to be very useful in preventing clothing from interfering with re-holstering and acting as a great tactile and visual guide “funnel” for the re-holster process. We have not seen any significant draw or presentation issues versus a traditional tall/short or short/short configuration.
- 1.5" Tuckable Overhook Set: Can be used as a pair or individually mounted to the holster shell or the Offset Wings (also included). Overhooks offer two ride height positons 5/8” up or down, and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment, forward or back.
- Tall Spacer Block: Used to mount the Overhook below the trigger guard to allow the Overhook to clear the holster shell and adjust for cant.