- Firearms safety (general, home, and range)
- Relative GA/ FL law
- Types of pistols (semi-automatic and revolver)
- Handgun and holster selection
- Basic gun handling and operation
- Loading and unloading/ clearing
- Introduction to shooting fundamentals
- Quality semi-automatic pistol or revolver, if you have one. We have plenty to chose from in our rental pistols, and the rental cost is included in the course fee.
- Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use at no charge, but you may be more comfortable with your own).
- Notepad and pen.
- Approximately 50 rounds of Ammunition*
*For your safety, it is preferred that all students fire our TCJ ammo because it reduces lead by over 90% at the firing line. Our training ammo is sold at the lowest price possible in our onsite Pro Shop (i.e. a 50ct box of .40 Cal is currently $16.00). Please contact us prior to your class to verify we have your preferred caliber in stock. You may bring your own ammo, but our staff will need to inspect it before it is allowed on the range. No mixed-metal projectiles or steel core/AP rounds are allowed.
NONE. Reading the manual for your firearm is encouraged, though.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.
“Great delivery of information, extremely professional. Also very encouraging. It allowed to become more confident in handling a gun.” - July, 25 2013
“Very informative! I am no longer as scared of guns and feel like I could keep one safely around my kiddos.” - July 21, 2013
“My goal coming in was a good understanding of the fundamentals. That was surpassed during the PPT presentation. The practical was fantastic and identified areas I needed to work on.” - August 28, 2014