Learn to defend yourself and your family in the dark.
Most violent encounters happen in reduced light. Our 2 day Low Light Defender course provides armed citizens with a solid understanding of low light principles and a set of simple, effective tactics and techniques to help them win low light engagements against determined adversaries. It is rooted in Hick's law and OODA, and designed for . The course includes classroom presentation, live fire, and force-on-force drills and exercises.
• Low light principles
• Reading light conditions
• Moving in and around structures in low light
• Methods for doorways/ room entry (1 and 2 man)
• Dealing with hallways and stairs
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:• Open carry holster and magazine pouch or some other way to carry a spare magazine on your person
• Handheld tactical flashlight
• Ear and eye protection (we have both available for use, but you may be more comfortable with your own)
• Notepad and pen
Defensive Pistol 3 or equivalent FORMAL training.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.