- Physiology and psychology of night operations
- Use of lighting conditions for tactical advantage
- NVG basic operation and maintenance
- NVG capabilities and limitations
- Individual movement and hand-eye coordination
- Pistol and rifle familiarization and qualification- zeroing IR lasers, shooting from cover, moving and shooting
- Driving considerations
- Subject restraint and control
- Countering suspects’ use of white light
- Countering suspects’ use of NV devices
- Mission planning considerations
What To Bring
You'll need the following gear in order to participate:
- Quality, serviceable semiautomatic M4 style rifle with optical sight, sling, and at least 4 magazines
- Infrared (IR) laser - built-in IR illuminator is highly recommended
- Pistol with tritium sights (we do have a temporary workaround)
- PPE (eye and double ear protection; hat or helmet; body armor is optional but recommended)
- Duty/ tactical gear (with ability to carry at least 3 spare rifle mags and 2 spare pistol mags)
- Night vision goggle with head or helmet mount
- Notepad and pen
- Approximately 300 rounds of pistol and 300 rounds of rifle ammunition*
*Armor piercing, steel core, or penetrator ammunition is not allowed. We have a limited amount of ammunition available in our Pro Shop for purchase. Please contact us in advance to ensure we have the quantity and caliber you require. UTM non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA) and conversion kit for AR-15/ M4 style rifles will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU NEED ANY ITEMS ON THE LIST, CONTACT US. WE OFFER DISCOUNTED PRICING ON GEAR WHEN PURCHASED WITH/ FOR A COURSE. HAVE QUESTIONS? CALL US AT 912-342-7419.
Documented, formal, intermediate level training with both the handgun and carbine.
All lawfully armed US citizens are welcome to participate in this course. To confirm eligibility, please provide the following documents BEFORE the class is scheduled to start:
- US state or federal ID (i.e. driver license)
- LE or MIL ID card OR valid concealed carry permit OR background check from your local law enforcement agency showing no felony or domestic violence convictions, restraining orders, etc. that make it illegal for you to possess a firearm.
"We, as a training staff have put your training to good use. It has been the most practical and replicated training any of us have been to in a long time. Great class!" - US Federal Agency Security/ Response Team Instructor, 2009
"The training was realistic, hands-on, and overall great. I would highly recommend this course to my peers." - Washington, DC Area SWAT Operator, 2013
"I have been to no less than 20 LE training classes, and this one was the best I have attended." - Veteran SWAT Operator, 2013
"Excellent Curriculum! One of the best courses I've ever attended!" - Memphis Area SWAT Operator and Instructor, 2013
"Great course. Should be mandatory for anyone running NVDs. Instructors were knowledgeable and humble." - Los Angeles Area SWAT Operator, 2013