Originally released in 2012, the SOCOM Series Suppressors were selected by US Special Operations Command as first among all competitors, the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in history. The awarded full-length suppressors cover all aspects of performance to include effective reduction of sound attenuation, flash and dust signature, and also received the USSOCOM official safety verification in support of fielding. Additionally the suppressors were designed for optimum durability and service life. Since then the SOCOM suppressor has been sold to military units and police departments throughout the United States and the world over within allied NATO countries.
Initially introduced in early 2015, the SOCOM2 suppressors have minimal increase in capability than that of the SOCOM option, and have had a significant increase in production capability. Now when using computer controlled laser welding there is a significant decrease in production cycle-time, thus a reduction in cost, which has been passed along to the enduser offering the best suppressor product available at a lesser price.
The SOCOM2 suppressors continue to be constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel featuring a redesigned internal venting system to additionally reduce back pressure and in some cases a further reduction in sound attenuation. Ascetically the visual difference of the SOCOM2 suppressors is a new recessed end cap.
There is no change in suppressor adapter attachment between the SOCOM and SOCOM2 suppressors. The SOCOM 3-Prong Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake and WARCOMP option adapters are designed for use with weapons system from carbine through machine gun variants. Like all SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM2 produces minimal consistent shift in impact, if at all, compared to that of the unsuppressed weapon.
As always SureFire suppressors are designed and manufactured in the USA.
- All SOCOM rifle and carbine suppressors are test fired and must shoot a group no more than 1 MOA than that of the baseline platform unsuppressed group to pass
- Advanced features based off the Winner of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) extensive and rigorous suppressor trials
- Cutting-edge internal venting to reduce back pressure, cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Designed for all 7.62 rifles, including those chambered for high-velocity magnum cartridges
- Patent-pending front-plate design and proprietary gas flow improvements virtually eliminate first-round flash
- Effective attenuation of noise and dust signatures
- Patented Fast-Attach® design attaches and removes in seconds
- Minimal, consistent point-of-impact shift compared with unsuppressed weapon
- Best overall reduction of the 7.62x51 caliber on all carbine and rifle platforms.
- Rated for all .30-caliber cartridges from 7.62x51 through .300WM.
- Full-Auto Rated
- Constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel
- Long service life
- Made in the USA
||7.62 mm (.308 caliber)
SureFire SOCOM 2 Series Fast-Attach® sound suppressors (“silencers”) are the most advanced in the world, incorporating certain enhancements to the original SOCOM Series, which includes the SOCOM556-RC and SOCOM762-RC models that were awarded US Military contracts after winning the most extensive and rigorous suppressor trials in USSOCOM’s history. Models include crucial features for a combat-ready sound suppressor — compact size; minimal weight; superior reduction of sound and dust signatures; fail-safe baffles; extreme durability permitting full-time use; and, in most SOCOM models, the virtual elimination of first-round flash; reduced back pressure that lowers suppressed cyclic rate and gas blowback on the operator. Every SOCOM model also boasts rock-solid mounting to weapons; fast and easy detachment after extensive firing — and minimal, consistent shift in the unsuppressed point of impact, regardless of the number of attach-detach cycles.
All SureFire Fast-Attach suppressors require either a SureFire muzzle brake/adapter or a SureFire flash hider/adapter for attachment to a firearm. These adapters can be fitted to many military-type rifles and carbines by screwing them directly onto the firearm's existing muzzle threads — no weapon modifications required. Firearms that lack muzzle threads or that have incompatible muzzle threads must have the muzzle threaded and/or turned down to accept the proper suppressor adapter.
Export of the commodities described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, Office of Defense Trade Controls, prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130.